07 Jun CHSLSC SILVER SALTIES!
JOIN SILVER SALTIES! FUN, SAFE, SOCIAL, AND HEALTHY!
CHSLSC is hosting a ‘Walk & Talk’ Wednesday mornings at 8:30am. It’s free! Meet at the Coffs Harbour Surf Life Saving Club.
Objective: To promote the physical and social health benefits of 30+ minutes of moderate physical activity by doing a group coastal walk as well as connecting with the Surf Life Saving Club.
Duration: 1 hour
Day/s & Time: Wednesday 8:30am
Meeting place: Coffs Harbour SLSC
- Welcome, introductions, group check-in, safety, and motivation by SLS Club Leader – 5min
- Overview of the walking route and the WALK option and TALK topic for the session by SLS Club Leader – 2min
- Warm-up including slow walking and gentle activities – 5min
- Walk and Talk – 15-30min
- Cool-down including slow walking and gentle stretches – 5min
- Social activity – Participants can choose to stay and enjoy a coffee/tea at the clubhouse or a nearby cafe.
Silver Salties is a physical activity and social connections initiative for older Australians designed by Surf Life Saving Australia in conjunction with Surf Life Saving Clubs and funded by Sport Australia’s Move It Aus – Better Ageing Grants Program. Older Australians are a diverse group and could be any age e.g. 65yr+ or younger!
Silver Salties include accessible, friendly, safe, and beneficial activities at the park, clubhouse, beach, pool, and surf which cater to older Australians regardless of their age, weight, mobility, fitness, and experience. Morning tea afterward is always encouraged too!
Silver Salties is:
- Social and fun
- Free surf life-saving community membership
- Friendly, safe, and beneficial activity
- A small-time commitment
- For all older Australians in the community!